MUSIC TECHNOLOGY AND THE CREATIVE ECONOMY(MTCE) GROUP
Description: The Music Technology and Creative Industry Group is a subgroup of MERG – kenya drawing from a community of scholars, researchers, educators and music industry practitioners whose key focus is on music technology, technology in music education, music industry and the creative economy.
- To promote research on the use and role of technology in music education;
- To interrogate the interconnectivity of technology, education and industry in the music sector;
- To provide a platform for dialogue amongst researchers, educators, industry practitioners and policy makers in matters to do with music;
- To promote and encourage the use of different technologies in learning, teaching, creation and performance of music;
- To promote information sharing focusing on music in the creative economy agenda.